I tried buying bottled teriyaki sauce, and didn’t really have any luck finding one that I liked. Luckily once I started looking up recipes, I realized how easy it would be to just make my own. Here’s my recipe for teriyaki tofu. I served it over some brown rice and sauteed frozen veggies.
1 package of firm or extra firm tofu, cut into cubes and pressed
1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat oven to 450*F. Spray a cookie sheet with canola oil.
2. Arrange tofu cubes on cookie sheet and spray lightly with canola oil. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine shoyu, water, mirin, sugar, ginger and garlic. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
4. In a ramekin, or small dish, whisk cornstarch with water. Raise heat to medium high on sauce, add cornstarch mixture, and simmer until thickened.
5. When tofu is ready, toss into sauce to coat, and serve over rice and veggies. Enjoy! : )