so the other day i was looking for something to do with the radishes i bought. i came up with this salad. i love adding carrot greens into things because they add a different sort of fresh to a dish. in this one, they play really well off the dill in the dressing. i used agave syrup to sweeten it versus sugar. (it’s glycemic index is lower than sugar, and since it’s a syrup, it blends into liquids easier.)
i used to have one of those old-fashioned peelers that doubled as a corer. now i have a very nice swivel peeler, but no corer! no fear! a simple V cut into the center of your halved apples will do the trick.
Ty’s apple, radish and carrot salad with dill & poppy dressing
* 5-6 radishes, thinly sliced
* 2 red delicious apples, cored, thinly sliced, halved and tossed with
* 2 teaspoons lemon juice to prevent browning
* 2 carrots and their greens, carrots shredded and leaves torn into bite-sized pieces (discard stems)
* 1 bag of pre-washed, chopped lettuce
* 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 4 teaspoons agave syrup
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 tbsp. canola or extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/4 cup vegan sour cream
* 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
* 2 teaspoons dried dill
1. In a large bowl (i had to use a pot!) combine radish, apple, shredded carrots and greens with chopped lettuce.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk vinegar, agave, salt, oil, and sour cream. Stir in poppy seeds and dill.
3. Pour over salad and toss to combine.